Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)'s Reviews > The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

bookshelves: 5-star-books, book-of-the-month, favorites, owned, read-2018

You know the saying about potato chips “bet you can’t eat just one!”? Well, don’t eat potato chips while reading this book. For starters potato chip grease gets on the pages, which is a pet peeve of mine. But, more importantly you will not be able to stop reading chapter after chapter and your stomach can’t handle all those chips. This can definitely be a one sitting book read.

If you are looking for a book to start your summer off right: this here is your jam!

As a teenager, Evelyn Hugo knew she wanted bigger and better things than Hell’s Kitchen. Her mom dreamed of Hollywood, and after her death Evelyn would do everything in her power to make her mom’s dream her own. She married her first husband to get her to Hollywood and the next six to keep her there.

You only knew what she set up to tell you; only a few new the real Evelyn. At the age of 79 she is ready to tell all and hires an unknown journalist, Monique Grant, to do the telling. Why now? Why Monique? And, what the public wants to know is out of the seven, who was the love of her life? Well that I will not tell you: you need to read the book!

It was an addicting, brilliantly written story. Author Taylor Jenkins Reid reeled me in: hook, line and sinker. This is the first and certainly not the last book I will read by her.

To read my reviews visit: www.saturdaynitereader.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

June 6, 2018 – Shelved
June 11, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
June 11, 2018 – Shelved as: 5-star-books
June 11, 2018 – Shelved as: book-of-the-month
June 11, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Meredith B. (new)

Meredith B.  (readingwithmere) Great Review, Nikki! I'll have to add this to my TBR!

message 2: by Terrie's (new)

Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch Ugh!! You’re killing me Nikki!! I wanted this book already. Now I NEED IT!!! Great review!

message 3: by Ashleyjayne (new) - added it

Ashleyjayne Great review, sounds like a great book..... Added to tbr.

message 4: by DJ (new)

DJ Sakata Well done - I wants it!

Stormi (Bewitched Reader) My TBR list is dying from all these new additions!

Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader) Stormi (Bewitched Reader) wrote: "My TBR list is dying from all these new additions!"

But this one is SO good ;)

message 7: by Jordanne (new) - added it

Jordanne ~ Bloodthirsty Little Beasts Blog ~ I've only read one of Reid's books but I enjoyed it and this sounds so different to what I thought it was about - welcome to my TBR!

message 8: by Katiria (new)

Katiria Great review my friend now I am really intrigued about this book after reading your review. :)

Yolanda I am struggling right now because I only have two husbands to go, but it’s after 3 am and I need sleep to prepare for my day tomorrow.