Janice's Reviews > The Gone Away Place

The Gone Away Place by Christopher Barzak

liked it
bookshelves: ms-appropriate

I liked it, and it is a good exploration of grief and loss. I recently finished reading George Saunders' Lincoln in the Bardo, and this book was an interesting companion to it. The ideas of the spirits of dead people hanging around and that place being unsafe were in both novels, which is so interesting to me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gone Away Place.

June 6, 2018 – Started Reading
June 6, 2018 – Shelved
June 6, 2018 – Shelved as: ms-appropriate
June 10, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin I LOVED Lincoln in the bardo. I listened to it and it was amazing. Excited to read this one now if you say it’s a companion.

Janice I listened to it, too! I had to print out a list of all the characters and who voiced them. You can find some pretty interesting articles on how the audio recording came to be.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin Yeah at first I got caught up trying to figure out the voices to the people, but then just let go and listened and I loved it so much! It's already been picked up by Nick Offerman to be made into a movie. That will be interesting. Wonder if the people who were a part of the audiobook will be a part of the movie too!

Janice Nick Offerman was the main narrator, and there were a bunch of other stars, but also people unknown to us--friends of the author. I didn't know it's going to be a movie. That's going to be awesome!