LutaWolf's Reviews > The Zero Knot

The Zero Knot by K.Z. Snow

Nov 30, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: m-m, badly-portrayed-females

I know, I know, I'm probably the only one not giving this book a high acclaim and it's not because the author really did anything wrong, it's for personal views. I'm a bisexual, I make no bones about it and the way bisexuality was portrayed in this book really upset me. I get enough abuse from straight and gay people telling me to pick a side or that I'm greedy. It sucks seeing it in a book from a genre that I think of as tolerant. Maybe it added to the plot line but for me it didn't.

Also I hated how all the females were portrayed, I mean there was a lot of detailed work into making some awsome secondary characters but not the females. All the females in this book sucked. You have the butch who is trying to get with Tomboy and everyone thinks of as skank and lets not forget that no one really believes that she's really bi. Then you have Tomboy who no one believes is really bi because of course she just wants attention and lets not forget that she is a control freak along with what she did to the boys. Oh and then you have the mothers, one runs away from her family and hardly ever calls and the other is controlled by her husband and believes her place is to serve the men. Yeah because that's a realisic portrayal of women there. Okay sorry, I'm getting off the soapbox here. While I'll agree that KZ Snow as an amazing ability to write with some awsome details, the visulization is truely there but again, personal reasons kept me from truely liking the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Zero Knot.

Sandra Although I enjoyed this book as a whole, I felt similarly about the way bisexuality was portrayed. Even at the end they didn't really seem to believe Bran could be bi and presented him very poser-ish.

message 2: by Gareth Cj. (new)

Gareth Cj. Wow, thanks for the review. Saves me having to read it. The premise is interesting but I'm a little bit of a feminist in some regard so seeing how the author has portrayed women in this book, I won't be reading it.

I'm sorry about people telling you to pick sides, btw. It's really none of their business. They need to see what the Kinsey scale is. Sexuality ain't binary.