Maria (Big City Bookworm)'s Reviews > This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story

This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story by Kheryn Callender

liked it
bookshelves: 2018-new-releases, arc, audiobook, lgbtqia, read-2018

*Disclaimer: An Advance Reader's Copy of This is Kind Of An Epic Love Story by Kheryn Callender was provided to me by Indigo Books & Music in exchange for an honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any way.

Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

I have had this book on my TBR for what feels like forever now and I finally had the chance to pick it up! Here are my quick thoughts on This Is Kind Of An Epic Love Story:

What I Loved

- LOVE LOVE LOVE the diverse characters (black, hispanic, gay, bisexual, hearing impaired)
- Love the use of ASL within the story and how descriptive it was
- Love that our main character, Nate, takes the time to learn ASL in order to communicate with Oliver James without a second thought
- the self-discovery

What I Disliked

- the amount of arguing and sulking between our two lead characters
- the writing style, it wasn't bad...but it was lacking a little something...

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this story and while I would have loved a little less arguing and sulking around and a little more discussion of feelings, the story was cute and extremely diverse!

I would 100% read more from Kheryn Kallender in the future!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story.

June 5, 2018 – Shelved
June 5, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 22, 2018 – Started Reading
November 22, 2018 –
75.0% "so I started listening to this one the other day and I'm LOVING it so far! So cute and wholesome <3"
November 24, 2018 – Finished Reading