Michelle 's Reviews > Just One of the Royals

Just One of the Royals by Leah Rooper

**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**Just one of the Royals is the second book in the Chicago Falcons series by Leah and Kate Rooper. I loved the first book in the series, Just one of the Boys, so much that I actually re-read it before picking up this book. So I had a pretty good feeling I was going to enjoy Just one of the Royals. Leah and Kate Rooper make a great writing duo. I can't wait to see what the next book is going to bring for us. The Chicago Falcons series is a young adult sports romance series, where each book follows a different hockey player and tells his story.

In just one of the Royals we follow Daniel and Madison. Daniel and Madison are best friends, but one of them is hiding a pretty big secret- that he is actually a prince! I know the set up is a bit different, but this book gave me all kinds of great Princess Diaries vibes. I loved it. I also really liked the best friend romance aspect of the story. That is always going to be one of my favorite contemporary romance tropes. Not to mention there is tons of hockey fun...and hockey players. Basically, all of my favorite things in a light hearted young adult romance.

Kate and Leah have a wonderfully conversational writing style, which leads to books that have a wonderful flow to them. I read both of the books in this series in one day. They are quick, reads that you can easily demolish in one sitting, and at the end you will have a nice big satisfied smile on your face. So whether you love hockey romances, best friends romances or secretly royal romances, this is the book for you. It has everything all in one! I really enjoyed Just one of the Royals. It was a cute and fun read.

This review was originally posted on Book Briefs

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One of the Royals.

Started Reading