Alexis's Reviews > Look for Me by Moonlight

Look for Me by Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn

Nov 29, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: gothic, time-wasters, vampires

This book took me a ridiculous amount of time to finish. It was so short and really hard to get in to. The plot didn't capture me at all. The book was supposed to be spine thrilling and spine chilling and none of that happened to my spine. I was annoyed through out the whole book and just wanted to get it over with and found myself skimming the pages and had to force myself to pay attention to what was going on.

The reason why I gave this book 2 stars was becuase towards the end I will admit it kinda captured my attention when the main character Cynda was trying to find ways to destroy Vincent and take his spell away from her and her family. That was in the last 50 pages though which is kinda sad.

Cynda on the other hand I didn't really like as a character. In the beggining of the book she was whinny and always complaining how her dad doesn't care for her and likes her half brother more and blah blah blah. It was kind of annoying because you could obviously tell that her dad loved her very much. She was also mean to her half brother Todd who only wanted his sisters attention because he was an only child and now has someone to play with. She also fell in love with two different guys WAY to easily the first time she saw them she thought she was in love, which was really annoying. She kinda redeems herself in the last part of the book when she tries to save her brother and family from Vincents mind control.

If you want a quick read with a sorta unique plot then this book might not be a total time waster for you..but I wouldn't recomnend this book to serious vampire fanatics it may dissapoint you like it dissapointed me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Look for Me by Moonlight.

November 29, 2011 – Started Reading