Sabrina's Reviews > Rebel Heart

liked it
bookshelves: arc-edelweiss-netgalley, college-new-adult-romance

NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Rebel Heart is my first read from L.K Farlow and one I was really excited for. I loved the idea of the rebel girl with the nice guy and that's what drew me to the book. Abby Jane and Brock gave me exactly what I was looking for and I really enjoyed seeing their differences come together. I found their story intriguing and couldn't wait to see how it was going to turn out.

As much as I found it to be interesting, there were still times I was looking for more and that's where my 3 Star rating comes from. Their actual relationship moved kind of fast, which was fine, but that coupled with the fact that there was so much going on in Brock's life that he wasn't dealing with made it a little meh for me. I guess I just wish that he had dealt with his problems a little earlier in the book that way he and Abby Jane could have been focused on more. Especially since the ending seemed a little rushed for me.

But those problems aside I enjoyed the writing and these characters. I liked Abby Jane's sassiness and how she just really didn't care about the pointless stuff in life. Sure there were moments of insecurity, but for me that just made her character more realistic. She was my favorite part of this book and I will be re-reading it many times just to get more of her.

Overall, I did have some issues with the story but in the end it was a book that I really enjoyed. And it's definitely one I would recommend. I just hope this isn't the last we've seen of these characters because there are definitely some secondary ones that I would love to get a story.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebel Heart.

June 4, 2018 – Shelved
June 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
July 14, 2018 – Finished Reading
July 15, 2018 – Shelved as: arc-edelweiss-netgalley
July 15, 2018 – Shelved as: college-new-adult-romance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Fantastic review, Sabrina ;) xoxo

Sabrina KAS wrote: "Fantastic review, Sabrina ;) xoxo"

Thanks, darling Xoxo

message 3: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Sabrina! :)

message 4: by Alp (new)

Alp Great honest review, hon. xx

Sabrina Aisling Zena wrote: "Fab review Sabrina! :)"

Alp wrote: "Great honest review, hon. xx"

Thanks, girls :D