Terri's Reviews > Once Upon a Sure Thing

Once Upon a Sure Thing by Lauren Blakely

I am once again a puddle of pure love from reading this book. This is book 2 in the Heartbreakers series, they are stand alones but go together as far as the characters intertwining. This is younger brother Miller Hart's chance at true love. He misses singing with his two brothers, Campbell and Miles. Miller is the extravert and needs interaction with people. He misses what they had and even though he has tried to form a band or two it just hasn't been the same since he and his brothers split the band. Campbell has a crazy idea for him. Form a new band with a female singer. How about your best friend Ally who also sings? Crazy right, well turns out no it's not crazy but electric.

Miller and Ally have been best friends for 6 years and while they both have realized over the years they are attracted to each other neither of them are willing to lose what they have over a short term "itch scratching" so they keep those secret feelings all bottled up until they sing together then it is obvious to everyone but them how well they go together not only vocally but the forever kind.

This is the best series. We not only get all the hot sexy alpha males that also have hearts and aren't afraid to show them but we get the relationships of families interwoven together. We get to see the love between best friends and how that friendship has grown into so much more. We get to see how an aunt becomes the mom and is willing to do anything to ensure the niece grows into a happy adult. We get to see the love and picking nature between brothers that are so close and need each other far more than they sometimes realize. And we get to experience these characters life with them. I love how this author always makes me feel whether it's happy, sad, sexy or all of the above meshed together. That's what this books does for me. I was there with Miller and Ally feeling what they felt for each other. I was there when Chole felt she was broken and discovered she wasn't. I was there when the music opened so many doors they didn't realize was closed and happy for them when they walked through them. I have a soft spot for friends to lovers books but this one is so much more. You can't help but fall in love with Miller, his personality and outlook on life would make the grumpiest grump smile and I love Ally and her career and her love for Chole.

I received an early copy to read and review and give my honest opinion. I loved this book and highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Upon a Sure Thing.

Finished Reading
June 4, 2018 – Shelved
June 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
September 17, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
September 17, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)