Wyllie S.L.'s Reviews > A Court of Frost and Starlight

A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

Read 2 times. Last read August 8, 2018.

I love love love the cover. The artwork is beautiful. When I finally recieved this book in the mail, the first thing I did was admire the design. Flawless. Then I opened the book and I surprised that there was an excerpt from the NEXT book, so instead of reading the actual story, I skipped to the end, excited to see what Sarah J. Maas had in store for us because I'm greedy like that.

I'm not sure what direction the following books will take us in, I suspect there will be a war between the courts, and that the human queens are plotting against them as we speak. Part of me wonders, will Amarantha or the King of Hybern be resurrected? Is there a slight chance that a small piece of them was saved and that a ritual will be performed to bring them back as Jurian was? Also, I am still wondering, are Cassian and Nesta mates? What is going on here with all that tension?!

Back to the original story... I read all of the reviews before I bought this book - regardless of the reviews I wanted to buy it. I also researched all the potential spoilers just as I had for the previous books because I don't like surprises and I wanted to know EXACTLY how we got to that point in the story... Based on the underwhelming reviews and lack of conflict, I went in knowing what to expect - and that wasn't another epic adventure. I expected to find out how people were faring after the war, and how they were dealing with the trauma and their ghosts. I went in expecting this to be a bridge to the next stories, a stepping stone. Based on my expectations, I was not disappointed. If I had not researched this book and went in expecting another epic installment, then yes I would be.

I would still recommend this book to everyone who is a fan of Sarah J. Maas, especially those who are fans of ACOTAR series as I believe this is crucial to the character development in the books to come. And also, fans always appreciate new releases by their favorite author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Court of Frost and Starlight.

June 3, 2018 – Shelved