Shannon's Reviews > Unbreak My Heart

Unbreak My Heart by Lauren Blakely

A billion unbreakable heart stars!

I don't know what kind of trickery or wizardry or whatever you want to call it that Ms. Blakely pulled with this book, but it's now my new favorite of hers. This book was so unexpected! I was warned I'd need tissues but I really didn't think Unbreak My Heart would, in fact, break my heart. But OMG it did! I don't think I was even 10% in and I was already holding back the tears. And then I gave up on trying to contain them and just let the tears flow. I loved this beautiful, breathtaking, heartbreaking, life affirming book so, so much.

Unbreak My Heart is such a departure from Ms. Blakely's usual m.o. of hot, sexy, funny stories that I'm kind of at a loss here. Seriously at a loss. I keep typing and deleting, typing and deleting, because nothing I’m trying to say makes any sense. Usually with her books I can talk about how fun it was, how sweet the love story was, how swoony the hero was. But with this book I just want to wrap it in my arms and hide under the covers with it. See, no sense at all. Unbreak My Heart is so much more than just a second chance romance. It’s a story of hope, of survival, of healing through heartache. It’s a story of love and friendship and family.

When I finished reading Unbreak My Heart I had tears running down my face and a heart so full of love I thought it would burst. Andrew really did a number on me. I loved taking this journey with him. It's no secret I fangirl hard for Lauren Blakely, but with this book it's been taken to a whole new level.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbreak My Heart.

June 3, 2018 – Shelved