Nicole (FearYourEx)'s Reviews > Rule

19984583

liked it
bookshelves: arcs

3.5 out of 5.
Thank you to the publisher for sending me an ARC!

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. The concept is really cool and I loved the different boosts they got from tithing (the magic in the book) and would love to learn about more of the Vulgar Arts. The characters were interesting, but I had a hard time distinguishing them from each other at times and would have to flip back to check what POV I was on. I loved that we learned each girl's secret early on without being teased with hints the full book. If I had to choose Ren was my favorite, with Zofi a close second. The relationship the three sisters developed over time was definitely not what I expected - in a good way. I also loved how each sister seemed to have a certain strength to assist them in ruling and their decisions.

While I really enjoyed this book there were a few things that kept it from being a 5 star for me:
I feel like there wasn't enough interaction with their father considering he was an incredibly important character and what brought them together. I also feel like I needed more Yasmin and Andros interactions.
My other main problem was that fir some reason it wasn't a book I couldn't stop reading. I don't know if it was because it was clunky and needed smoothing over. Or if it's because I felt like their just wasn't enough conflict.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and will continue the series as it releases.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rule.

June 3, 2018 – Started Reading
June 3, 2018 – Shelved
June 3, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs
June 3, 2018 –
page 1
June 3, 2018 –
page 72
19.15% "A tad clunky and confusing at first with the abrupt POV changes but getting better."
June 4, 2018 –