Michelle's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Nov 29, 2011

bookshelves: fiction, romance, teen, favorites-2011, clean-romance

Anna’s father has become a famous author (think Nicholas Sparks). He wants Anna to be cultured so he sends her to school for her senior year in Paris. If he had asked her maybe she would have been okay with it, but he didn’t and Anna is upset and freaked out to be living in an entirely different country, especially since she can’t speak French. Despite her fears she makes friends, most notably Etienne St. Clair. He has a girlfriend, but Anna convinces herself that they can be just friends. [return][return]This sounds like an average if not overdone plot. But I loved this book! There was something that just sucked me in. Anna and St. Clair were awesome and watching their friendship grow into romance was so much fun. Their chemistry crackles of the page. There were enough details to make the French setting feel authentic. And best of all it wasn’t overly dramatic or sappy as I find is often the case in YA romance. Their mistakes and misunderstandings felt normal not larger than life. Overall an awesome read. I can’t wait for her next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

Finished Reading