Natalie Hanley's Reviews > Brave

Brave by Chelsi Arnold

Brave (Sisterhood Series Book 1) by Chelsi Arnold was an amazing read. It knocked the stuffing out of me on more than one occasion. From the first part with its in-depth description of the rigorous SEAL training, the main characters lightened up the subject matter with their wit and repartee.
In a story set in the not too distant future, the US finally realises it needs to join in World War 3 against ISIS. 22 year old Greer Connally has been called up to fight for the US army following the first obligatory draft of all single females. On her flight out to the military base, she meets Amerie who will become her best friend. The two girls bond with other wannabe SEALS and form a tight group to carry them through training as people fall around them. But will they be able to put country before friendship when their secret mission hits a problem?
This is an emotional and uplifting novel about friendship and loyalty to country. I really enjoyed it and didn’t want it to end. The characters were well written and developed. I could identify with them and I liked the way the author brought issues which are relevant today into the narrative and tried to show how they would still be rumbling on many years from now. I laughed, I cried, I held my breath, this book had it all. I really hope from the “book 1” part that book 2 is not far behind.
Hooyah! A triumph of a novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brave.

Started Reading