Heather's Reviews > Once Upon a Real Good Time

Once Upon a Real Good Time by Lauren Blakely

Read 2 times. Last read September 1, 2018.

**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title compliments of the author in exchange for an honest review**

I adore Lauren Blakely and her books and Once Upon a Real Good Time was no different. I absolutely devoured this book in one day. It's a great start to Blakely's new Heartbreakers series.

Mackenzie is a single mother who is a graphic designer by trade, but also excels at trivia, so she spends time at a local bar with her friend entering trivia contests. During one of the evenings she's out at a contest, Mackenzie catches a glimpse of an absolutely hot guy that piques her interest, but she's sworn off dating as she wants to focus on her teenage son.

Campbell is a musician through and through and also a single father. He is the lead singer in a band that plays at various bars around town and he spends his days teaching kids how to hone their own musical crafts. He is equally as captivated by the woman he spies across the bar and so when his set is over, he approaches her and asks to have a drink.

The chemistry between Mackenzie and Campbell is off the charts from the second they touch for the first time. They both enter into their night together with eyes wide open and ready to scratch that proverbial itch for one another. Little do they know that Campbell is going to be the person that can help take Mackenzie's son to the next level in his musical pursuit. Will the development than Campbell is now Kyle's new music teacher end everything before it starts? Or will the absolutely beyond obvious chemistry win out in the end?

Campbell might be one of my favorite heroes that Blakely has written. He was an awesome dad, a fantastic musician and couple that with the fact he was sexy as all get out and he is a dirty-talker as well and that just about makes for the perfect guy! I also loved that while Mackenzie hadn't been dealt the easiest life, she has carved out an amazing life for she and her son. She might have had curve balls thrown her way, but she managed to overcome them.

I absolutely loved this book and I was drawn in from the outset. I didn't want to put it down and I simply can't wait to see what happens in the next book, Once Upon a Sure Thing - I have no doubt that it is going to be as equally engaging as this one was!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Upon a Real Good Time.

Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
June 3, 2018 – Shelved
June 3, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
September 1, 2018 – Started Reading
September 1, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
September 1, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
September 1, 2018 – Finished Reading