Bec_BookMagicReviews's Reviews > Lock 'N' Load

Lock 'N' Load by Tee O'Fallon

CIA analyst Trista Gold is very good at her job. However, while investigating something that should have been easy enough for her to reconnoiter without someone discovering her identity, she stumbles across something that could make her a target. Luckily, she has Sargeant Matt Connors to watch her back after someone tries to end her life -- not once but twice. Will Matt be able to keep her safe or will the pair lose their shot at happy ever after?

If you've never read anything by Ms. O'Fallon before, this book would be an absolutely brilliant one to start with, as it takes readers on a memorizing suspense-filled journey almost right from the beginning and just keeps getting more entertaining with everything the main characters go through on their journey to happy ever after. Really, the way this story started introduces the main characters superbly and had me reading quickly, determined to discover how much danger the heroine faces because of what she learns. Will the hero be able to keep her safe?

As for the dialogue, it was highly entertaining and had me loving the danger these two face, as they don't know who they can trust besides the secondary characters that Matt has really tight friendships with. Moreover, throughout this story the heroine continually surprised me with her grit and determination and I liked that she wasn't afraid to call the hero out, especially when it came to his past and the fact that he finally needs to face it to be able to heal in hopes they can have a future together. I also liked the growing friendships she had with the secondary characters in Matt's friends, as they're just as protective of her as Matt is. Yet, what I liked most of all about the heroine was her determination to do her job no matter how much danger she places herself in. What information will she discover that anyone would do anything to keep buried?

While the hero, he's absolutely brilliant and I loved him from the moment he was introduced. He's confident in his skills as an K-9 officer and I liked the tight relationship he has with his dog; a dog that knows all the tricks to get its way (well, at least with the heroine once she faces her fear). I also liked how protective the hero was of the heroine and that he would do anything to keep her safe. Yet, what I liked most of all about the hero was the decisions he makes in order to have a chance at forever with the heroine. Will he be able to face his past and finally be absolved of the guilt he's felt for years?

Overall, Ms. O'Fallon has delivered a fantastic and unputdownable read in this book where the chemistry between this couple was powerful; the romance was hot and had me loving how determined Matt is to take care of Trista because she doesn't have much experience with men; and the ending had me loving the lengths the hero was willing to go to for the heroine when they finally face off against the bad guys. However, it was how determined the hero was to make things right with the heroine that I loved most about the ending. Really, it was heart-warming and had me crying happy tears, especially combined with what Matt does in the epilogue in order to show the heroine he wants forever with her. I would recommend Lock 'n' Load by Tee O'Fallon, if you enjoy romantic suspense, the opposites attract trope, the sexy protector trope, or books by authors Laura Griffin, Katie Reus, Katie Ruggle and Piper J. Drake.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lock 'N' Load.

Started Reading