Erin Forson's Reviews > Thirteen Days to Midnight

Thirteen Days to Midnight by Patrick Carman

Nov 29, 2011

Thirteen Days to Midnight
by Patrick Carman
Back in the day, a band named Queen wrote a great song called, “Who Wants to Live Forever?” I love this song, because I'd totally love to live forever! Yes, that's right....I'll be honest, I would like to live forever. I mean, if most people told the truth, they would want to live forever too. No one really wants to die, do they? Sure your friends and family would die, and you'd be heartbroken and miss them, but then you'd still be here. That would be great, wouldn't it? Well...not necessarily according to Jacob, the main character of Carman's newest book. Jacob discovers that his invincibility (which means nothing can hurt him—absolutely nothing), may not be the blessing or gift he thought it would be. In fact, it might be the thing that destroys those he loves the most. This book is highly original, fast-paced, contains some very clever irony, and has phenomenal characters that I really got attached to. Read it. It's “super-hero” good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirteen Days to Midnight.