Kelly's Reviews > Rogue Souls

Rogue Souls by Chelsea Mueller

251943

bookshelves: ebooks, urban-fantasy, read-in-2018

Before I get into the nitty gritty of the review, I'm just going to point out that Callie is insanely lucky to have Derek on her side. Not only is he pretty badass physically, but he continually puts her well-being above anyone else's and Callie needs that. BAD. I mean, her family is kinda messed up (a lot messed up, actually) and she's neck deep in souls and other visceral things that are dragging her down and Derek's support keeps her going.

But this book isn't all Derek and Callie. Nope. There's also the little matter of the power the Soul Charmer shoved into her. And a dead body or two. Plus, someone's trying to move in on the Charmer's turf and he DOES NOT like that. As you can imagine.

All that is rough, but it's the power giving her the most problems. You know, because flaming up at inopportune times makes life difficult. Or more difficult, I guess.

The point is Callie is dealing with a lot of things. Her brother. Her mother. Her boss. Her day job. Dead bodies. Souls. Secrets. Lies. I'm sure there are other things, too. She's holding it together (mostly) AND figuring out the limits of this new power (no thanks to the Soul Charmer, thankyouverymuch), but she has a lot on her plate.

And by the looks of things, there's a lot left to come.

I'll just be over here waiting patiently (mostly) to see how everything plays out.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rogue Souls.

June 1, 2018 – Started Reading