Heather K (dentist in my spare time)'s Reviews > Once Upon A Wolf

Once Upon A Wolf by Rhys Ford

*2.5 stars*

Confession time: the first time I listened to this book I was a little... buzzed. I had a lot of wine and listened to this book while doing chores (yes, I'm a party animal), and I found it... a bit confusing.

So after a day went by, I listened to the book again (totally sober this time!)... and I still found it to be a bit confusing.

I felt like there was a backstory or prequel I was missing. Zach stumbles upon these guys, but then it turns out he actually moved nearby and knows everyone? Where was that info before? Wouldn't he have heard about Gibson and Ellis? And then it was too much insta-connection and none of that werewolf magnetism that makes shifter books so special. I actually kind of with Ellis and Zach had gotten together, but maybe that's just me.

The narration was very good, and the book was a quick, easy listen, but I was unimpressed overall. Unfortunately.

*Copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Upon A Wolf.

June 1, 2018 – Started Reading
June 11, 2018 – Shelved as: narrator-very-good
June 11, 2018 – Shelved as: m-m
June 11, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobook
June 11, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Kathleen I hear you, Heather. Too light and sweet for me. I like my shifter stories darker and more gritty.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Kathleen wrote: "I hear you, Heather. Too light and sweet for me. I like my shifter stories darker and more gritty."

Great minds ;)