Jen's Reviews > The Night Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Nov 29, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, kindle, favorites, read-in-2011, re-read-in-2012, re-read-in-2014, read-as-audio, re-read-in-2016
Read in April, 2016

YOU GUYS! THIS BOOK! YES! READ IT! NOW!

There's an online game called Echo Bazaar that I've been a fan of for quite some time. It's extremely well written and well play-tested. The world and story in the game are dense, lyrical, and intriguing. I've spent a lot of time exploring their world and still consider it one of the better gaming experiences out there. So I should not have been skeptical when they announced they were working on another game in another world.

This is the most complicated, elaborate, and TOTALLY EFFECTIVE book advertisement I've ever seen. If you want to join, I can send you a link through either Twitter or Facebook. Just sayin'.

The game lets you see and experience the circus in a way that the book doesn't. It's a little more in-depth, but it shows you things that the book can't. And the book shows you ALL THE THINGS that the game just sort of hints at.

This book is awesome. Made of win.

UPDATE: The audio book is also awesome. The pacing of the narrator forced me to take my time and hear more of the nuances of the story. I'm so much in love with this book.

Previous read date: 12/2/11, 5/23/12, June 2014

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Circus.

11/29/2011 page 200