Virginia Cavanillas's Reviews > Rainbow Place

Rainbow Place by Jay Northcote

19380470

bookshelves: lgbt, my-rambles, arc

Sweet and sexy and very... I don’t know, real? It felt real. And natural. And honest. And cute. And yummy.

This is about an openly gay man who falls for a closeted case in a small town. That’s a trope I enjoy and even if not original in the premise it was great and honest in the execution and storytelling.

Seb, AKA, the gay one: Kind, with a great heart trying to help the queer community in a light but meaningful way. Just by opening a LGBT-friendly café in a beautiful but small Cornish town, he is trying to make a difference. A helpful little difference.
He has to deal with a lot of very real insecurities that made him a real character. A lovable one.

Jason, AKA, the closeted: Sexy, conflicted with very understandable fears, honest in this thoughts, still trying to deal with his sexuality. He’s a father of a teenager. He’s divorced from a woman (a nice I-want-more-characters-like-this ex wife, if I have to be more specific).

A great read, and even if I wanted a bit more of conflict, the story flows smoothly, with a nice and dirty couple (they are both things and that’s fantastic), with appealing secondaries that would be great main characters and a lovely setting. I will read the next as soon as it comes out and I’m so curious to know who will be next. Alex and the rugby player? Jason’s apparently straight assistant Will? The Rainbow Place is for sure a nice place to go and have some fun.

Recommended!

******An advanced reading copy of this book was generously provided to me by the author, in exchange for an honest review.******

Reviews for Book Lovers

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rainbow Place.

May 31, 2018 – Shelved
May 31, 2018 – Shelved as: upcoming-arcs
June 1, 2018 – Started Reading
June 3, 2018 – Shelved as: lgbt
June 3, 2018 – Shelved as: my-rambles
June 3, 2018 – Shelved as: arc
June 3, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

message 1: by Simone (new)

Simone Damn, now I want a piece of that cake! LOL. Sounds like it might be a tad sugary for me - the book, not the cake, although that one too 🙈 - but when I'm in the mood for something sweet, I'll keep this one in mind. 😊 Amazing review, luv! 😘

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Sounds good, fab review Vir 💙

Ariana Excellent review, Vir! This will be definitely on the menu! :)

Virginia Cavanillas Simone 😂😂 thanks! And not really. It’s not too sugary but lately I crave some angst. It was sweet, that’s true but because I liked every single character! They were nice people with imperfections. Maybe you’ll like it! 😘

Virginia Cavanillas Dani, yes, we pictured the same yummy cake 😊

Virginia Cavanillas Deb and Ari, thanks ladies and you can enjoy this one for sure. It’s out June 15th (I think) and as I told Simone they are nice people trying to fit. I always like that. They are pretty real.

Ariana Vir wrote: "Deb and Ari, thanks ladies and you can enjoy this one for sure. It’s out June 15th (I think) and as I told Simone they are nice people trying to fit. I always like that. They are pretty real."

Thanks Vir. Jay is very good at 'real'! :)

Cadiva Smashing review Vir

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ Cadiva wrote: "Smashing review Vir"

I can hear you saying this with a British accent. ☺

message 11: by Virginia (last edited Jun 03, 2018 03:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Virginia Cavanillas Cadiva, thanks luv and Dani 😂😂😂 right? I read her reviews in British

Judith Great review,darling.Just started this one,fingers crossed it's a hit for me as well x

Virginia Cavanillas Jude, thank you luv! I think it could work for you too. Let’s see! Happy reading!

message 14: by Aeren (new)

Aeren Los últimos de este autor me han dejado con pocas ganas de leer de nuevo nada suyo, pero tu review me hace dudar!!! lo meto en posibles, muchas gracias guapa ♥

message 15: by Jan (new) - added it

Jan  Loved this! 😍
Adding it 🤦🏻‍♀️

Virginia Cavanillas Aeren, a mi éste me ha gustado bastante aunque si hubiera sido más largo con más tiempo para un poquito de angst, mejor. Pero son simpáticos y se lee fácil. Puede que te guste. 😘😘

Virginia Cavanillas Jan! I enjoyed it so much. Wait till Jude is done to check her thoughts but it’s a nice read, with nice dirty men and great secondaries so that said, you know what you’re gonna find. ❤️

message 18: by Aeren (new)

Aeren Vir wrote: "Aeren, a mi éste me ha gustado bastante aunque si hubiera sido más largo con más tiempo para un poquito de angst, mejor. Pero son simpáticos y se lee fácil. Puede que te guste. 😘😘"
Gracias! yo con este autor o me gustan mucho o nada! no tengo término medio ♥