Blue's Reviews > Ace of Shades

Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody

bookshelves: four-stars, owlcrate

This is a book i liked, but it was difficult to read. As everyone know (yes, i kinda think everyone know me here.) i am french, and english is not my mother tong. I'm very fluent in english, i can read and speak and write almost as good as english people (or so my english teacher says.), but i'm not as fluent as everyone. Some of the vocabulary made me wonder who the book was about, especialy when they were talking about the - what i understand as - transgender character.

this was my main distress with that book, but as i said earlier, it was mostly because i didnt know all the specific vocabs, and also because i have attention issues and i forget a page two minutes after i read it sometime. (do not throw rocks at me, thank you very much.)

I did enjoy the book. A lot. All that tension between the main characters, the birth of a romance each character thought it was "one way only". It was wonderfully written. The intrigue made me stay up late at night, just to finish one chapter, and the world building was wonderfull.

I will definitly buy the second book as soon as i've some money to see what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ace of Shades.

May 31, 2018 – Shelved