Debra Presley's Reviews > From Here to You

From Here to You by Jamie McGuire

Read 2 times. Last read May 31, 2018 to August 21, 2018.

This book! I ate it up in a day! I don't know how but before I knew it was 50% done.

Darby is such a strong character. She learned she was pregnant on her wedding day and instead of marrying an abusive man she chose to run and give her and her unborn child the chance at a better life. This decision also made the future scary and unpredictable.

By luck and a personality that seems to draw everyone to her she lands a job at a hotel. This is where everything changes for her. The hotel is buzzing with firefighters and other officials due to a wildfire but in the middle of all that she meets Trex.

Even though she's sworn off men he somehow breaks through in the most laid back, on-your-own-time-and-terms manner that really made me fall for him.

I rooted for them throughout and it was refreshing to see a female character learn how to be independent and strong. Also, while Darby was trying to work through all her issues Trex let her. There was no overly macho-alpha male in this book but Trex is still totally a man's man.

He falls quickly for her but it's not all smooth sailing for him. However, Trex is a guy and we all know guys can make some decisions that make total sense to them and only them. These decision may just come back to bite him in the ass.

The last 20-25% of the book had me in knots. You'll love this book if you like reading a romance that mixes moments of suspense with a touch of steam. It's been awhile since I finished a book in 24 hours so for that and all the amazing moments in this book I've given it 5 stars. I can't wait to hear what you think. Please feel free to leave a comment below.

* I received a complimentary copy of this book via the publisher on NetGalley for my honest and unbiased opinions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Here to You.

May 31, 2018 – Started Reading