Fabi's Reviews > Slow Heat

Slow Heat by Leta Blake

20663288

bookshelves: kindle, mm-romance-gay-lit, published-2017, pnr-uf, kindle-lendable, 2018-monthly-favorites, 5-star-books

*note to self: read the blurb before the book*

Did I ever intend to read an MPreg book? That would be a "hell to the no!"

Did I read the blurb before I jumped into a LETA BLAKE book? That would be a "hell to the no!"

I saw the author name, picked it up as a freebie and added it to one of my challenge shelves. *It got picked*

I didn't even realize what I was reading until I was several pages in. My first instinct was to put it aside, asap. But...LETA BLAKE.

Her writing just pulls you in. She has that super secret author power that grabs a reader's attention and won't let go until the last page.

So...if you've ever wanted to read an MPreg book, read this one. If, like me, you've never wanted to read an MPreg book, read this one anyways.

The feelz. Oh, the feelz!

5 stars! A few typos couldn't make a dent in the incredible characters in this fantasy romance novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Heat.

May 29, 2018 – Shelved
May 29, 2018 – Shelved as: owned-to-read
May 29, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle
May 29, 2018 – Shelved as: mm-romance-gay-lit
July 15, 2018 – Started Reading
July 15, 2018 – Shelved as: published-2017
July 15, 2018 – Shelved as: pnr-uf
July 16, 2018 –
23.0% "I love this quote.

"Newspapers were for people who wanted to see all the ugly things in the world. Poets needed to see beauty or they’d never get a word down that wasn’t ruined by tears.""
July 17, 2018 – Finished Reading
August 1, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-lendable
August 3, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-monthly-favorites
April 22, 2019 – Shelved as: 5-star-books

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Jill Yaass!! I loved this series and Leta Blake is wonderful!!!

Fabi I know. I'm anxious to get to the next book. I just don't know how to fit it in to my schedule right now.

R * A Reader Obsessed * Glad her reputation spurred you on!! This is one of the best abo's I've read!

Fabi I got lucky to land on such a good one for my first.

message 5: by Ela (new)

Ela MPreg?

Fabi Ela wrote: "MPreg?"

Ah...yeah. As weird as that sounds. These are non-shifter wolf/human hybrids. They live in an all male world with Alphas, Betas and Omegas. The Betas can't reproduce. The Omegas carry the offspring - ah, the babies.

message 7: by Ela (new)

Ela LMAO

message 8: by Jan (new)

Jan LMAO

Fabi Sure, go ahead and laugh - but theyonly have to carry the babies for 5 months instead of 9!!! 😜

message 10: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Not fair!

message 11: by Fabi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fabi Mariana wrote: "Not fair!"

Right?!

LOL

Honestly, it was a great story with tons of feels and swoony MCs