Deborah J Miles's Reviews > Madam Love, Actually

Madam Love, Actually by Rich Amooi

bookshelves: blog-tour, recomendations

Rich Amooi is a new-to-me author, so I didn't know quite what to expect. The amusing cover was the lure, and the blurb clinched the deal, although I would rather not have known upfront about Madam Love's connection to Emma.

As soon as I started reading, I knew this was going to be 'my cup of tea'. I chomped through the book in under 24 hours - which isn't easy with my schedule.

It is a lovely, well-written, enjoyable, entertaining and funny story. Madam Love is immediately likeable, but it took me a little longer to warm to Lance. He has had a bad experience in the past which has caused him to deny the existence of soulmates and he seems completely closed off to the idea of love at the beginning of the story. Fortunately, Madam Love has accepted the challenge to find his soulmate for him and Lance's frosty demeanour starts to thaw when he encounters Emma.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I will be looking out for more of Rich Amooi's novels. First stop will be Lilliana Jones and the Temple of Groom because I gather from other reviewers that this is where we first encounter Madam Love.

My thanks to author Rich Amooi for a free digital copy of this book to review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Madam Love, Actually.

May 29, 2018 – Shelved