Kimberly's Reviews > Blood Fever

Blood Fever by Stephani Hecht

bookshelves: read-pre-goodreads, review, paranormal, romance

Ryan Ervin was on the fast track to becoming the next big thing in hockey until a knee injury ruined his dreams forever and sent him back to his hometown. Forced to work a dead-end job at the local auto factory, Ryan can’t imagine his life getting worse. Fate proves Ryan wrong one night when he’s attacked by a vampire. Just when he thinks it’s all over, help arrives in the form of another vampire. Sable is unlike anyone he’s ever met, and when she turns him into a vampire in order to save him, Ryan finds himself thrust into a world he never knew existed. And life as a vampire is even more perilous than he expected. But even more unexpected is Ryan’s growing connection to Sable. Though danger lurks around every corner, what Ryan and Sable must decide is if they want to face the most terrifying risk either of them can take – opening their hearts for a chance at a love that could last an immortal lifetime.

Stephani Hecht raises excitement to a fever pitch in this spellbinding, sensual addition to the Drone Vampire Chronicles. Blood Fever has all the love, passion, action, and humor I’ve come to expect from Ms. Hecht’s tales, not to mention a healthy appreciation for hockey. What charmed me about Blood Fever were its hero and heroine. Ryan is everything that is good, honorable, and sexy. He isn’t perfect and he has some trouble adapting to his new life as a vampire, but he works hard to protect those he loves and takes on responsibility without complaint. As for Sable, outwardly she’s not what you’d expect a warrior vampiress to be, but that’s what makes her so endearing. Though tough, she’s scarred by her past and afraid to trust Ryan with her heart. Because I became so quickly attached to both Ryan and Sable, I couldn’t stop reading Blood Fever. I wanted to see them find happiness with one another because they were so perfect for each other.

As a prequel to Ms. Hecht’s Drone Vampire Chronicles, Blood Fever can be read on its own. It’s a wonderful introduction to the world Ms. Hecht has created, and fans of the series are sure to delight in seeing the Drone rebel clan before the rebellion officially began. I loved the opportunity to see what went on with this particular clan before the timeframe of Blood Lust. I’ll forgo saying much on this topic as it was so much fun to read and discover certain things on my own.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve re-read Blood Fever. It’s a truly enthralling read from beginning to end with characters who are sure to claim your heart. Joyfully Recommended!

Recommended Read. Reviewed for Joyfully Reviewed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Fever.

Finished Reading