Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Wild Hunger

Wild Hunger by Chloe Neill

With the beginning of a new spinoff series, Chloe Neill delights readers with the first book in the Heirs of Chicagoland series. WILD HUNGER features a new heroine, the daughter of Merit and Ethan, Elisa Sullivan. I found that I really enjoyed Elisa’s character. She was fierce but still relatable and the balance throughout the story was very well done. Because Neill has done such a good job with building this world with the original series, this series really doesn’t need to waste very much time explaining it. However, miraculously, I think the book would standalone well even if you didn’t read the Chicagoland Vampires.

I really enjoyed this book. I thought the pace of it moved along well, keeping my attention without ever slowing down. There’s a nice balance of action and humor, which reminds me very much of the original books.

I am also looking forward to what the romance will be in this new series. This was probably my favorite part of the book because there are so many possibilities! I’m hoping that at least one of my guesses will be right and I can see a nice romance bloom.

WILD HUNGER is a fantastic start to the Heirs of Chicagoland. With a heady hose of action and adventure, you won’t ever encounter a dull moment with Chloe Neill’s books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Hunger.

May 27, 2018 – Started Reading