David's Reviews > Palimony

Palimony by Steven  Grossman

M 50x66

Read 2 times. Last read July 2, 2018.

I was given the opportunity to read a beta version of this story and therefore, I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I had no expectations, so it turned out to be one of those pleasant surprises. This was a really fun read.

Steven creates a story with many twists and turns and yet keeps it all together beautifully. The characters are intriguing and it is very easy to root for them (those worth rooting for that is). Steven also does a nice job of interspersing romance, cunning, psychology and politics into this story. While a transplant, he also does a very good job of describing the city of Charlotte with the love of a native. I enjoyed Steven's attention to detail and descriptive prose. He shifted between the story arcs well and maintained the pace of the story.

I loved "Strangers on a Train" and "Throw Momma from the Train". This is another story in that vein that is worth the ride. When it finally comes out, pick it up and read it. I think you too will enjoy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Palimony.

Finished Reading
May 27, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
May 27, 2018 – Shelved
Started Reading
July 2, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Steven Grossman let me know if you would want to be a beta reader.

message 2: by Pam (new)

Pam Garrison Steve, Congratulations. Can you send me a copy or email of the book? Thank, Pam