Jena Henry's Reviews > Saving Saffron Sweeting

Saving Saffron Sweeting by Pauline Wiles

Read 2 times

Reading this book is like curling up with a soft, luxurious cashmere blanket. Grace, the main character in this quiet and calm story, seeks comfort in just such a beautiful blanket when her life hits a perilous crossroads. Does an affair mean the end of the road?

Grace moved with her husband to the Silicon Valley area, for his career. When Grace discovers her husband had a fling, her first thought is to bolt back to her home country, England. Her plan is to take time to sort out her feelings. “We Brits don’t really do therapy; we just put the kettle on.”

She retreats to a charming town near Cambridge, Saffron Sweeting. There she meets a wonderful assortment of townsfolk, as well as newly transplanted Americans.

She begins to find herself as she develops an interesting job that fully uses her talents. She also meets an intriguing gentleman. Should she reconcile with her husband?

Grace is a likable character and her new friend and boss in Saffron Sweeting, Amelia, is a scene-stealer. I wouldn’t have handled things the way Grace did, but I enjoyed reading about her.

The author presents a balanced view of British and American life and culture. If you are an Anglophile, this is the book for you.

The book also appealed to me because it presented some positive life lessons in an entertaining way. The author writes with a warm, friendly voice, the book version of a cashmere blanket.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Saffron Sweeting.

Finished Reading