hayden's Reviews > Everneath

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Nov 27, 2011

bookshelves: ending-sucked
Recommended for: people who don't mind cheated endings

GOODREADS EXCLUSIVE REVIEW

I originally gave this book four stars back when I read it late last year, maybe November or so. When I finished it, I literally threw my NOOK across the classroom I was in and screamed "Garbage." Inconveniently, I had finished a test early and I sat silently in the middle of the room. I'm pretty sure I made about five people scream in surprise . . . but that's a different story.

My reason for my incredible outrage was the cliffhanger ending. More specifically, (view spoiler). CLIFFHANGERS GALORE.

Well, I'm sure you can guess that at that time, I was pretty much effing done with cliffhangers, as prevalent as they are in YA fiction.

Now that I've had a little bit of time to cool off, I'm realizing that Everneath is actually deserving of a five-star rating. Everything was done well (except for, of course, the ending), and honestly, I'm super excited for the sequel, not matter how far away it may be.

I've come to realize that the ending wasn't as horrifyingly bad as I had once thought -- cliffhangers are something I'm going to have to get used to in this genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everneath.

November 27, 2011 – Shelved
page 20
8.33% "YAY! I'm reading this! :D"
page 32
13.33% "Gonna do my homework (that's due tomorrow . . .)"
page 34
14.17% "Hmm. Not sure what to think of this."
page 48
20.0% "This is different than other HarperTeen releases. Well, they're all different from each other, but you get it."
page 59
page 71
29.58% ""Liking" this . . ."
page 93
page 116
48.33% "This is enjoyable."
page 117
48.75% "Yet another YA love interest/stalker that climbs in through the protag's window. Yeesh. This should weird me out, but it doesn't. I mean, really: he climbs in her window and strums chords on his guitar while he tells stories. Is that only odd to me?"
November 28, 2011 –
page 155
Started Reading
November 29, 2011 – Finished Reading
December 2, 2011 – Shelved as: ending-sucked

hayden What are YOUR thoughts?

Allison Is your NOOK alright?