Book of Secrets's Reviews > Tin Man

Tin Man by Sarah Winman

it was ok

Beautifully written, dreamy almost, and heartbreaking subject matter. Nevertheless, I'm in the minority as I didn't love this book. It lacked a strong plot and felt disjointed, and I also felt like I was observing these characters from a distance instead of being a part of their stories. In the end it seems like I missed something in Tin Man that everyone else easily found.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tin Man.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Bookread2day (new)

Bookread2day With so much hype about this book I was thinking of reading it, if I had time. I really admire your true thoughts, its made me think twice. It's nice when a reviewer really says the truth.

Diane I felt that same; definitely a disjointed story, yet beautifully written. I never felt connected to any of the characters either.

Book of Secrets Bookread2day wrote: "With so much hype about this book I was thinking of reading it, if I had time. I really admire your true thoughts, its made me think twice. It's nice when a reviewer really says the truth."

Thank you! Yep, in this case, the book didn't live up to the hype, at least to me. (For some reason my notifications on comments have been very slow!)

Book of Secrets Diane wrote: "I felt that same; definitely a disjointed story, yet beautifully written. I never felt connected to any of the characters either."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way! Sometimes it's hard when everyone else loves a book, and I'm alone saying "nope." ;-)