Annabelle's Reviews > The Inspector and Silence

The Inspector and Silence by Håkan Nesser

This is the second book I’ve read of Nesser’ Stockholm detectives, and of course I’ve read them out of order, In this one Chief Inspector Van Veerteren is still in power, but he has split from his wife, who still tries to pressure him to come to family vacations, and he is dreaming of a vacation in Crete, and he might accidentally meet a women, he met in an investigation with brunette hair. An acting chief inspector, Klunge, in a rural area, Sorbinowo, has Van Veerteren’s name, from a chance encounter by his boss at a training activity, calls him, since he has been getting anonymous phone calls about missing young girls at a cult camp, called the the Pure Life, renting a camp at Waldingen. Brisk neighbors, multiple first person voices, and police drudgery of contacting all sources. But Van Verteren’s intuition is alive and he happened on a women with a mistaken name that opens the case. Slightly turgid, in step after step. But I wanted to read, I wanted to know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Inspector and Silence.

Started Reading