Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Mustang Maverick

Mustang Maverick by Dee Ellis

bookshelves: arcs

4 Stars

This book is emotional. All the feel are present on the pages and ended up in my heart. I was gutted at times for the issues that Jet and Chevi dealt with. Specifically Chevi.

Chevi is a successful business woman. She runs an auto boutique and is never happier than when she is creating custom automobiles with her two cousins, Bolton and Bentley. Loved those two! While Chevi is a success as far as her bank account goes, she is a mess inside. Chevi is dealing with so many issues and my heart hurt for her. I will say that she is not perfect. Despite the author doing a great job at helping me understand what Chevi was dealing with, she frustrated me at times with her hot and cold behavior towards Jet. There was one particular moment in the book I really did not like her. After that scene, I wasn't sure I could like her. But in the end everything was moving as it should and I was able to get past my dislike of her.

Jet on the other hand was perfect. He has been through a lot of disappointments in his life leading himself to believe he was unworthy of good things happening to him. That mind-set of Jet's broke my heart. He was no alpha, but when he put his mind to something, he saw it through. Even if it looked as if he would be unsuccessful, he didn't give up. So glad he didn't give up on Chevi because she needed him. He needed her. Jet is intensely possessive and protective. Loved that trait in him.

I won't give you any spoilers but I will tell you that this book gives us the struggles of alcohol addition and how it is effecting our heroine. While I don't personally have any experience with this subject, I thought the author did a great job at helping me understand. Mustang Maverick is an intense, emotional and extremely sexy story of two people who truly needed each other to fight the demons in their lives. The end of the book has a couple of incredible epilogues that left me sighing and swooning. I'm so happy I got to read Jet and Chevi's story. Their HEA was well deserved!

This is my honest and unbiased review. Thank you for taking the time to read it. :)

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mustang Maverick.

May 25, 2018 – Started Reading