CW (The Quiet Pond) ✨'s Reviews > Full Disclosure

Full Disclosure by Camryn Garrett

Read my full review on my blog, The Quiet Pond.

This is such a phenomenal debut and I am in awe of this book. I love so many things about it, and I can't remember the last time where I feel like I'm itching to write a full review about it, just so I can gush about everything in this book.

- Follows Simone, a Black teen who lives with HIV, who finds a note in her locker that threatens to out her secret of living with HIV unless she ends things with her crush, Miles.
- Oh, where do I begin? I did not know much about HIV going into this book, and I think Full Disclosure explores living with HIV and how it shapes a person's experience and life in a sensitive and genuine way. This book doesn't go out of its way to educate, but I think it offers well-researched insight of what it's like to be a teen, and experiencing teenagehood, who lives with HIV.
- I loved the relationships in this book; I loved that Simone's best friends, Lydia and Claudia (who are both Asian), are such an integral and important part of her life and don't exist in just the periphery. I also love Simone's fathers - they were overprotective but love her so much.
- I love how sex-positive this book is! It explores sex in such an open and authentic way, from its discussion about libido, having safe sex, and exploring your body.
- This book also explores sexuality as well. Claudia is an asexual lesbian, Lydia is bi, and Simone questions her sexuality - and later comes out as bisexual.
- MUSICALS! I've never been interested in musicals, but after reading this book, I feel like I want to watch Rent.
- Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. The prose is wonderful, in all its earnestness and vulnerability, and the story is sensitively told. I loved this book so much.

Trigger/content warning: (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Disclosure.

May 24, 2018 – Shelved
February 20, 2020 – Started Reading
March 9, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Camryn i'm not supposed to read reviews but I saw this and it made me cry in the best way. thank youuuu

CW (The Quiet Pond) ✨ Camryn wrote: "i'm not supposed to read reviews but I saw this and it made me cry in the best way. thank youuuu"

<3 <3 <3 I'm glad you saw it because I want you to know how spectacular you and your book are. Thank you so much for writing it!