Rose's Reviews > Bond Girl

Bond Girl by Erin Duffy

Nov 27, 2011

liked it

Sometimes a girl just wants to read a light, entertaining chick lit book. This was just what I wanted & it delivered what I expected. It was an entertaining story & I liked Alex, the protagonist. She's an honest, somewhat sarcastic, career oriented female taking on a business consisting mostly of males. It was fun & a little cringe worthy to read about her experiences being one of very few females working on Wall Street & I'm ever so thankful that bonds & trades & the entire stock market world is not my passion in life. The book is a good read mainly because Alex comes off as likable, like someone you'd be friends with, & thus you like hearing about her experiences, even the predictable outcome of her office romance with jerky Will, which you can see coming a mile away. Her boss, Chick, is great in all his gruffness & his blunt way with words & the rest of the guys she works with are funny & cute in their older brothers sort of way. Good book for a day when you want some alone girly time.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bond Girl.

November 27, 2011 – Started Reading
November 27, 2011 – Shelved
November 27, 2011 –
page 37
12.76% "Looked for the lightest book I could find after the heartbreak of the last book I read & this is what I found."
November 30, 2011 –