Blodeuedd Finland's Reviews > Kindling the Moon

1962503
Nov 27, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: urban-fantasy

I saw what people on my friend's list thought and there were 4 and 5s all around. I did like the book, but I just did not fall for it as much as I wanted. I think I was caught up in the hype again and felt a bit let down.

Arcadia was cool, she is a wizard, she owns a bar, her parents are serial killers..wait what? Yes they were framed and she is hiding. The world she lived on was cool. No one knows about magic except those working with it, the demons you can conjure up and Earthbounds. Now these I liked. Demons put in human form, they mated and tadaa, lots of offspring 400 years later.

The love interest that shows up is Lon Butler (one of those with demon genes, oh yes). They have a few issues at start but we all know they will end up falling. Even if he is 40, so old ;)

The book was good, I liked it. But I fear there is a ghost over this review, the ghost of wanting to like it more. And expectations that did not turn out are just the worst.

What saves it for me is in the end her past and future. There is something about her. And I am curious.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kindling the Moon.

November 27, 2011 – Shelved