DJ's Reviews > Meet Cute

Meet Cute by Sydney Logan

it was ok
bookshelves: 2018-reads, kindle, my-unsure-how-to-classify-shelf, rom-com

So why two stars for a story that was a definite meet cute? Well...

First and foremost, I thought this story was going to be a story. Not a short snippet or two. It felt like there was nothing to the story, to me. I sort of like the angst that goes after the meet cute part of a tale. I just didn't realize it was a VERY SHORT story, so I went into this expecting more than the initial meeting.

Second, it felt like the part that was there was VERY glossed over. Like a basic summary rather than the piece of story itself. I felt like I wanted more. It's a me thing, for sure.

I did like the "meet cute" moment. It really was cute. I would have loved the whole story rather than a moment or two. But then, I'm greedy like that, especially after the two main characters meet in such a ....lets go with...unique way.

Would I recommend this book? If someone is looking for something very short and cute to read...sure? I mean there really isn't much to recommend as far as story goes. I'd probably wind up telling the person the whole story while in the process of trying to explain it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meet Cute.

May 22, 2018 – Started Reading