DarienMoya's Reviews > Dirty Kiss

Dirty Kiss by Rhys Ford

Nov 26, 2011

bookshelves: 2012-reads, asian, my-m-m-lovin, m-m-crime-mystery-and-dead-people, interracial-love, pants-off-reviews, p-o-c-characters, audiobook, 2018-reads, p-o-c-on-the-covers, p-o-c-authors
Read 2 times. Last read April 6, 2018 to April 10, 2018.

April 2018 (Audio Version)

Story: 4.5 ⭐️ s
Narration: 4 ⭐️ s

Still love this one after all these years. Cole is still one of my fave characters ever. His nonchalant don’t give two shits attitude still rocks. All the supporting characters are a riot and I just love how this whole story comes together.

Greg Tremblay does a wonderful job with all the characters and I am officially a fan.

Looking forward to listening to the rest of the series!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4.5

Cole McGinnis was once a cop but tragedy led him to leave his the force and become a Private Investigator. He’s mostly alone after losing his lover/partner, and gets his fun catching cheating spouses and lesbian grannies. When Cole’s brother approaches him to do some investigating into a suicide, his whole world goes from boring to life threatening when he meets Jae-Min the cousin of the man who committed suicide. Cole’s life is about to go bat shit crazy.

Seems the suicide might have been murder, and everywhere Cole goes people start to die. He’s getting half-truths from Jae-Min and nothing seems to be adding up. The only thing that is fact is that someone wants to keep him from finding the truth, and someone is willing to kill anyone who gets in the way. Thus begins a somewhat volatile and somewhat lukewarm (On Jae’s part) relationship between Jae-Min and Cole.

Alright, I really did enjoy reading this book and it comes as no surprise that I totally loved Cole being half Japanese and Jae-Min Korean. Seriously, a hook-up like this is what my dreams are made of. There was also a solid story filled with enough twist and turns to grab the reader’s attention. The variation of characters is what makes this book so much for fun me, it had a mix of everything like a one of those crime dramas all mashed into one.

I loved Cole’s voice, though at times, his internal rambling was just too insane in the membrane, but he is memorable and adorable. Jae-Min, love how he’s all-pretty but I don’t really know him. He was just ‘there’ for me though totally hot as hell. I find that these two always seem to find the time for loving when they were both injured. Jae-Min gunshot wound to the head, Cole almost being blown up but all that didn’t slow these men down. They are made of serious strong stuff!

Overall, I love it! Lots of cultural and controversial stuff here about being gay in an Asian family. They really are family orientated, and the expectation can be daunting. It must be tough never to truly be yourself, and I think Dirty Kiss offered a good representation of that. I look forward to seeing Cole and Jae-Min again because the situation felt very HFN (happy for now). I feel there is more to be offered up about these men and I look forward to it. Saranghae Dirty Kiss!

More of my reviews and ramblings at PANTS OFF REVIEWS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Kiss.

November 26, 2011 – Shelved
April 24, 2012 – Started Reading
April 24, 2012 –
10.0% "Oh God Yes! You had me at cheekbones and Korean."
April 24, 2012 –
30.0% "I LOVE THIS BOOK! Ripping off my pants in excitement!!"
April 25, 2012 –
66.0% "Cole seriously, you really pissed someone off. Also Jae yeh you are my type of pretty."
April 25, 2012 –
February 12, 2013 – Shelved as: pants-off-reviews
March 12, 2018 – Shelved as: p-o-c-characters
April 6, 2018 – Started Reading
April 6, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobook
April 6, 2018 – 0.0% "Bidi boop, I’m doing this 😁" (Audible Audio Edition)
April 7, 2018 –
20.0% "Trying to figure out where you are when listening to an audio book goes something like this...
description"
(Audible Audio Edition)
April 8, 2018 –
41.0% "Reliving this again is so fun!! Been snorting and laughing out loud.

Cole is a gem!!"
(Audible Audio Edition)
April 9, 2018 –
66.0% (Audible Audio Edition)
April 10, 2018 –
85.0% "I swear all these snarky mofos are my aesthetic!!" (Audible Audio Edition)
April 10, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reads