Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)'s Reviews > A Double Life

A Double Life by Flynn Berry

liked it
bookshelves: arc-giveway-won, read-2018, suspense-thriller

The build-up and suspense author Flynn Berry created in the beginning through three-quarters the way through this book was incredible. After finishing a chapter and wanting to see what would happen next, the next chapter would flashback in time and I knew I would have to wait to find out. This format kept me turning page after page.

Claire is in her early thirties and hasn’t seen her father in twenty-six years. He may still be out there in the world and she can’t rest easy knowing this. He disappeared after her mother’s attempted murder: one in which he is the prime suspect. He plead his innocence through his friend’s whom would be investigated for helping him escape: they denied everything and were never charged. Claire asks herself these questions more often than not: Do his friends know where he is? Did her dad really try to kill her mother or was her mother mistaken? Was her dad more of the man his friends painted him to be or what her mother accused?

Claire stalks her dad’s friends and is obsessed with finding out what happened to her father. Will she find out the truth? What danger will she face along the way? What will her knowing cost her?

After getting to the crux of the story I felt a bit disappointed. There was no twist, no “hold your breath” part that I was waiting on the edge of my seat for. It was a page turner and a fast read I will give the book that: it was just missing a strong ending. That thrilling feeling that built had no where to go, I am still a bit bummed out.

I don’t regret reading it or wish for that time back.

If you read it, let me know so we can discuss!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Double Life.

May 22, 2018 – Shelved