Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*'s Reviews > Cocky Roomie

Cocky Roomie by Faleena Hopkins

did not like it
bookshelves: youre-on-my-shit-list

Guess who got her review removed! Could have called that result.

Anyways, do you ever go to a restaurant, usually one of those chains that seem to be taking over the world, and you see a menu with 6 pages and a drink menu and a dessert and special menu? You know that not a single one of the meals is going to be particularly appetizing and they probably have it all frozen in the back with an overworked microwave suffering somewhere. You can get the exact same steaming pile of garbage at any other of the restaurants and it is going to be flavorless and you wonder why you even stopped there in the first place.

That's what I think of when I see a book series of 17 books in just a couple of years. None of them is going to be done well and it is going to be a regurgitation of tired cliches (or shrimp scampi in a lemon butter sauce with overpriced bud light) and the same characters over and over. What about the meal on your plate makes you want to go back and say "Hey, this time it might be better?" Not much.

You can always tell a good restaurant when they have a few things on the menu because you know they take the time to do those few things really really well. Sometimes, the same applies for books.

No, I did not read this series and I never will. Still going to give it one star though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cocky Roomie.

Finished Reading
May 22, 2018 – Shelved
May 22, 2018 – Shelved as: youre-on-my-shit-list

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

message 1: by Book (new) - rated it 1 star

Book Junkie My review has also been removed and I have reposted it. Seems like someone can't handle criticism. It seems the only reason her ratings are so high is because she flags all the negative reviews.

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* Book wrote: "My review has also been removed and I have reposted it. Seems like someone can't handle criticism. It seems the only reason her ratings are so high is because she flags all the negative reviews."

I hate blind support more than just about anything

message 3: by Alexandra (last edited May 23, 2018 07:46AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Alexandra "That's what I think of when I see a book series of 17 books in just a couple of years."

She's a adherent of the "publish a book a month" strategy. Clearly designed to game Amazon rank and take advantage of KU borrows, rather than any real attempt at producing quality books.

And she is a book stuffer, which violates Amazon TOS and is another way scammers game the KU system.

Just another unprofessional uploader trying to scheme and manipulate her way into $, rather than a real, professional, author and business person.

It's no wonder most Romance readers hadn't even heard of her or her books before she started harassing other authors.

Alexandra "Seems like someone can't handle criticism. It seems the only reason her ratings are so high is because she flags all the negative reviews."

GR doesn't remove reviews simply because they get flagged. Amazon doesn't either. IF reviews are removed it's because those reviews violated TOS. Unfortunately GR does not allow us to negatively discuss an author in reviews, unless it's in regards to the content of the book. A stance I strongly disagree with, but that's their position. Therefore it's no surprise that GR has removed certain reviews of these books for TOS violations.

♔ Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔ My review got deleted this morning. Must have been me writing the word "COCKY" 3000 times.

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink* Jennymort *The Dark Lord, House of Slytheread, Sailor Jupiter, Siren* wrote: "My review got deleted this morning. Must have been me writing the word "COCKY" 3000 times."

Might have something to do with it

message 7: by Sakina (new)

Sakina Carter I haven't read these books (and I won't) but I am starting to get curious about how they (GR/author) can take down or delete someone's review because we (the readers) don't like the author??? I thought we had Freedom of Speech to say what the hell we please just like she had the Freedom to "demand" that no other authors use the word "cocky" in their titles?? Am I missing something??

Alexandra Sakina wrote: "...but I am starting to get curious about how they (GR/author) can take down or delete someone's review because we (the readers) don't like the author??? "

She can't. See my previous post.

message 9: by Book (new) - rated it 1 star

Book Junkie Alexandra wrote: ""Seems like someone can't handle criticism. It seems the only reason her ratings are so high is because she flags all the negative reviews."

GR doesn't remove reviews simply because they get flagg..."

The reviews being removed are genuine critiques of the author's book, not ones that are obvious spam. Mine was a verified purchase one, and you can read my review, where I do delve into what I specifically disliked about the book. Nothing in my review violates the TOS on either Amazon or GR.

Yes, a review can be removed if it's flagged. All Hopkins has to do is flag it or get her fans to do it. If enough people flag it as spam or anything, it will be removed. It's all bots and algorithms. No human being actually reads the reviews to see if they violate anything.

Sorry, but your assessment is wrong.

message 10: by Alexandra (last edited May 23, 2018 10:24AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Alexandra Book wrote: "That's not entirely true. A review can be removed if it is flagged enough times. "

It's 100% true.

"A review can be removed if it is flagged enough times."

A review will be removed if, and only if, GR determines it violates GR TOS in their opinion. Reviews are not removed simply because "it is flagged enough times".

"The reviews being removed are genuine critiques of the author's book, not ones that are obvious spam."

That is your opinion, obviously the opinion of GR differs from yours. And "spam" isn't the only way for a review to violate GR TOS. As I've stated, another way a review violates TOS is by including negative information and comments about the author - which many of these reviews do.

"Yes, a review can be removed if it's flagged. All Hopkins has to do is flag it or get her fans to do it. If enough people flag it as spam or anything, it will be removed."

This is incorrect and untrue. Sure, there are many people who think this is the case, however it actually is NOT the case. People need to stop spreading misinformation.

"Sorry, but your assessment is wrong."

Sorry, but my information is correct, and you are misinformed.

I see you've just joined GR this month. I suggest actually getting to know and understand how the site operates, and how it's administered, before making claims about how things are done here.

FYI - I've read your review and can tell you it was deleted by Amazon because it violates Amazon's TOS. It also violates GR TOS, so it's likely it'll get deleted from GR as well.

Over the years there have been many, many reviews targeted by authors and fans with flagging campaigns, both here and on Amazon, and those reviews stood and still do - because they didn't violate TOS.

And in every case of someone claiming otherwise, when a review is deleted the TOS violation is typically quite obvious to those who understand the TOS. Your review of this book is one example.

Iryna *Book and Sword* There are no rules of authors flagging all of the negative reviews on their books ?? because I’m pretty sure that’s what she’s doing 😑

message 12: by Book (last edited May 25, 2018 03:01PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Book Junkie Alexandra wrote: "Book wrote: "That's not entirely true. A review can be removed if it is flagged enough times. "

It's 100% true.

"A review can be removed if it is flagged enough times."

A review will be removed ..."

If you're so damn smart, how does my review violate their TOS? And FYI, I edited my review for Amazon so that it had no curse words or vulgar language. I have written similar reviews on Amazon and they still there.

So, you're so smart and well-versed, tell me, how does a review that goes into detail about the book violate the TOS? Oh, that's right. It doesn't.

message 13: by Book (new) - rated it 1 star

Book Junkie Iryna (Book and Sword) wrote: "There are no rules of authors flagging all of the negative reviews on their books ?? because I’m pretty sure that’s what she’s doing 😑"

It's exactly what's she's doing. You can get a review removed by flagging it.