Paisley's Reviews > Family Unit

Family Unit by Z.A. Maxfield

Nov 26, 2011

bookshelves: mm-stories, makes-me-wish-im-gay, kids-r-us, grl-author

I was thrilled when this book was once again available! It had been on my to-read list for a long time and so I was really looking forward to reading it. Very entertaining and a sweet love story - a combination that I really love. Oh yeah - there is a lot of drama but that's what happens with families right?

My favorite kind of stories have characters who come alive and live in my brain even when I am not reading about them. Z.A. Maxfield is a master at this. She writes stories with characters who take over and really make me love them. This book was no exception - I wanted to hang out with Richard and Logan and drink beer or something.

Another thing I found refreshing about this story is that the characters are older than characters in most of the romance stories I've read - and being in my age group I appreciated their life experience and perspective on things. Both were getting a second chance at love and appreciated the magic of that. It was very sweet really.

Oh, and one last thing - the new book cover (not one shown on GR) so much better!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Family Unit.

message 1: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika Hi Paisley!

Has this picture of these two guys been used on something else do you know? It looks very familiar, I know they recycle the men on covers sometimes.