Jon's Reviews > First You Fall

First You Fall by Scott  Sherman

Finally finished this book after it's been on my self for awhile; not sure why I began reading the story last year and stopped (got distracted and one thing led to another, and you get the idea) - BUT, that being said, I really enjoyed this first novel from Scott Sherman.

Kevin - call boy/male prostitute is our reluctant sleuth. Kevin Connor, or Kevvy, according to the closeted (hot!) cop, who was also Kevvy's former first-love. Kevin has AADD, and at times, creates a source of comedy. He's always reminding himself to "focus, Kevin, focus!"

Problem is, Kevin really cared for a client of his who tossed himself off a balcony - or so it would seem, but Kevin doesn't believe his friend would take his own life. Enter a bevy of characters, both large and small, who make this novel shine and a riot at times.

I liked the mystery - and yes, I figured out who the killer was before the ending, but that didn't detract from my joy of the novel. The ending seemed a little rushed since many facts came together at once, but the pull and tug of Kevin's on again-off again relationship with the hunky detective drove this novel and assures there's more to come. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, er, novel, from Mr. Sherman.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First You Fall.

November 26, 2011 – Shelved
April 29, 2012 – Started Reading
April 29, 2012 –
April 29, 2012 –
30.0% "This is so good! What took me so long to read Scott Sherman??"
May 1, 2012 –
41.0% "This book is very entertaining, funny, smart, witty - with a dash of the obsurd; I'm loving it!"
May 3, 2012 –
May 5, 2012 –
May 6, 2012 –
May 10, 2012 –
83.0% "Very, very good!"
May 11, 2012 –
91.0% "Coming to the final stretch and it's gettin'\n nail-biting!"
May 11, 2012 – Finished Reading