SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews 's Reviews > Wild Hunger

Wild Hunger by Chloe Neill

bookshelves: arc, heirs-of-chicagoland-series

*I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

4 ½ ★
I have read and loved The Chicagoland Vampires Series, (mostly) so when I saw this will be released I was really psyched to get my hands on it.
I should say that it also can be easily read if you have not read the first series, everything that is important will be mentioned and explained. So if you have not read it and don’t plan on it you still can read this book and not be lost.
After reading it I can say that I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It was a perfect mix of old and new , the old Chicagoland we know and love and the new with fresh new people to love just as much if not a bit more . Familiar faces and storyline being brought over to the new faces and new problems with Chicago.
We still get to see Merit and Ethan but out if the eyes of their Daughter Elisa which I not only liked but it was different. But obviously this being Elisa’s story they stay pretty much in the background but still poke their head in sometimes. Which was nicely done.
I really enjoyed Elisa, she was strong, unique funny and really working on distancing herself from her parent’s legacy and wants to stay on her own two feet. But what nobody knows is that she fights an internal battle with a monster inside her since she was pretty much born. A possible side effect if the way she was made and or born?! Only one person knows a little about it and that is Connor Keene.
Speaking of Connor I really enjoyed him, sexy strong alpha male with a sense of humor. I really loved them together and their banter, it had many laugh out loud moments.
But there was also a tender and really honest site to them that I loved. Overall I just really liked them. The few awkward moments between them made it just so much more realistic and fun read.
I also enjoyed Theo, thought his role in the Ombidubus office was great, I just hope we will not see a love triangle here.
I also enjoyed Lulu, the daughter of Malory and Catcher who decided to ban Magic in her life, but I think that will change and we will see some kind of conflict with herself.
Of course we also see the faeries again and of course they up to no good. We learn more about their magic and history but also more about Magic in general that also involves the vampires and wolves.
The seen prophecy we heard about before is hinted at but we still don’t know what it is or what was seen……but I think it will be a major part of the series.
Overall, I really enjoyed it was fresh and funny, the writing was smooth and it was easy to fall in love with the characters. The final battle I thought was a bit anti climatic but overall it was great first book and I ‘m looking forward to reading the next one already.
I rate it 4 ½ ★

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Hunger.

May 21, 2018 – Started Reading
May 21, 2018 – Shelved
May 21, 2018 –
53.0% "I'm really enjoying this so far"
May 22, 2018 –
66.0% "

that was pretty intense and that was just a look between them.

Image result for fanning self gif

May 22, 2018 –
75.0% "

Magic is in the air .....
Image result for magic gif

May 23, 2018 –
80.0% "
Of course the faeries  causing issues ...... But Claudia might actually be in danger ?!?! Nobody knows
Image result for shadowhunters fairy queen gif
May 24, 2018 –
85.0% "

It's getting real.

Magic, ley lines , the fae , parks ...... other monsters ......

Where is Connor ? We need Connor .... :D

Image result for getting intense gif

May 25, 2018 –
100.0% "

I really enjoyed this book, more than I thought I would .
RTC