Sherri Rabinowitz's Reviews > A Book

A Book by Desi Arnaz

I found this treasure in a box of books I was unpacking. I got it as soon as the paperback edition came out. I remember I loved it, but I haven't read it in years. I take very good care of my books, the pages have yellowed but it is in very good condition.

I read it again, this is pure Desi. All his charm, you can hear his voice as you read it. It's a wonderful book. Very honest, funny and sad. It truly touches the heart and it ended on a loving note. He always loved Lucy till the day he died. And he was a devoted Dad. He called his children, his treasures.

I have laughed out loud several times. He is so naturally funny and a great story teller. And when he writes about their fights on the phone when they were separated after making, "Too Many Girls," I can hear their voices in my head after years of watching; I Love Lucy.

I was a teen when I first read it, but as a mature woman it adds another layer to it. Not only do I hear his voice in every written word, I truly understand it. It also made want me to re-watch "I Love Lucy," I had not really watched it for years. So I have been enjoying re-watching episodes with the inside knowledge about what happened on the set, from Desi's memory. It just makes me love it more.

I love Lucy but I also love Desi.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Book.

May 4, 2018 – Started Reading