Wyllie S.L.'s Reviews > Queen of Shadows

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

The first portion of this book was a little slow for me but I did love every waking minute of it. I'm not sure if I am in love with the ToG series or ACOTAR series more... ToG is written in my favorite POV, so I am swayed more, yet ACOTAR is so unbelievably beautiful and magical...

Queen of Shadows, where do I begin? This entire book seemed carefully planned, even the actions of the characters were precise, all events leading up to the climax... I found myself wanting to read more about Manon and Abraxys, and less about the other characters. The connection I once felt towards Celaena/Aelin I now feel more towards other characters. It may be the shift that happened in Heir of Fire, but I have been finding myself less invested in Aelin's fate. I have taken a fondness to Rowan and am deeply frustrated that we weren't given that steamy scene between them that I was screaming for the entire book. The tension was ridiculous, I was cringing and giving myself wrinkles with all the faces I was making... Hopefully, when I open Empire of Storms, I will find myself satisfied in that aspect.

I really did love this book, I loved all the mini stories throughout, at times I felt like there were too many little stories, but I felt like they were executed well and there was a purpose behind all of them. Nothing is worse than having an author write in another character's pov and it really has no point being there - story filler - ... Sarah J. Maas doesn't do that, thank god. I love reading her books.

Packed with several moments of holding your breath, gasps, and twists in the story as all of Sarah J. Maas' books are, I sincerely enjoyed every moment of this book. It was easy to become lost between the pages. Looking forward to the next books, and all others.

I would recommend this to fans of the High Fantasy genre, strong female leads, little bursts of romance, plenty of ass kicking, and those who love epics that are heavy on the conflict. I would not recommend that you read this book if you haven't read the previous books in the series as you will not understand the significance of the events at this point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Shadows.

May 20, 2018 – Shelved