Wyllie S.L.'s Reviews > Heir of Fire

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

Heir of Fire is divided into two parts, heir of ash being part one and heir of fire being part two.

In all honesty, it took me a while to become accustomed to the constant switching of pov between the characters. Once I did, I found myself most drawn to the story of Manon and Abraxos, and less interested in other characters such a Chaol, Aedion, Dorian, and at times, Celaena's story (Aelin).

Part One, Heir of Ash is why I rated the book a 4/5. I wasn't drawn into the story quickly as I had been with Throne of Glass, and Crown of Midnight. It wasn't until I finished part 1 and moved on to Part 2 Heir of Fire that I couldn't put down the book. So I started and finished Part 2 today and am now halfway through a Court of Wings and Ruin as well...

Because I've already read the ACOTAR series, there are several references in Heir of Fire that led me to believe that there is some kind of bond between Rowan and Aelin. Perhaps not the mating bond because Rowan's mate was killed centuries before, but is it impossible to have a second mate in this instance? I mean, they are already Carranam, and Rowan is bound to her by blood-oath by the end of the story, yet Sarah J. Maas writes of a connection, of a thread, some kind of pull between them that reaches deeper than the oath and their ability to share power.

I really enjoyed the story, the world building is always fantastic, the characters are always strong, but I feel like... The characters started making some unusual choices near the end of the book. As if they were becoming stupid and careless... Not particularly ecstatic about how everything fell apart in the end, but it's setting us up for a great sequel, which is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, Queen of Shadows... What else can I say? I love Sarah J. Maas's books.
I wish there was a bit more romance in this book, or some kind of action... The story between Dorian and Sorchya didn't really win me or sway me at all, and as we all know... It kind of ended. Ended for sure. As I always am after reading her books, eager to read the next and see what kind of adventure she has in store for me.

I would recommend this book to all high fantasy fans, young adult fiction fans, those who love strong female leads, action, adventure, and powerful descriptions. I would not recommend this book if you haven't read the first two in the series. Make sure you've read Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight before you pick this book up!

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heir of Fire.

May 20, 2018 – Started Reading