Suzanne 's Reviews > New Girl

New Girl by Paige Harbison

bookshelves: kindle-read, contemporary

I received this book for review from Netgalley.

This book was absolutely fantastic. I was up till 4.30am reading it, I could not put it down until I had finished.

The "New Girl" at Manderly Academy is taking the place of Becca Normandy, a pretty and popular girl who went missing at the end of the previous year. Her dorm room is full of pictures of Becca and her belongings are still in the room. Her room mate Dana, insists that Becca will be back and that the "New Girl" cannot take her place. Everyone she talks to talks about Becca and she feels everyone is comparing them and that she is coming up short. She hears them all talking about her all the time. But there a few students who are nice to her, and one of them is Max, Becca's ex-boyfriend, who according to everyone, was SO in love with Becca.

This story was amazing. It was told from the point of view of the "New Girl" and also Becca. It was fast paced and kept me on the edge of my seat. The characters were all well written, the "New Girl" was really likeable and it was great to see her grow as a person and get a new perspective on life after high school. I really liked Max too. I love a good romance and I enjoyed the way the author ended this.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Girl.

November 26, 2011 – Shelved