Donna Barnes's Reviews > Bag of Bones

Bag of Bones by Stephen King

Nov 25, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-ve-read-in-2011
Read in November, 2011

I haven't read a Stephen King book in a long, long time, and then I saw an ad for the movie based on this book "Bag of Bones" and thought: I should read this and I did. The book ran 732 pages so it was a long one for me, and I have to say:IT WAS TOO LONG! I liked the characters, and the main character was a writer of novels, so I found that intriguing, and he was going through grief when he lost his wife unexpectedly, but it went on, and on and on --- what made it even worse is that the ending was way too out there for me, and it involved a very violent rape scene that went on for pages that I didn't know was coming, so that made matters worse. I think I'm off Stephen King for a long while ---- perhaps forever, I don't know. But for now, not interested. He is a very good writer, but I don't like all of what he writes about. But I heard his new book is a sci fi account of what life would have been like if JFK wasn't assassinated, so that's sounds a little intriguing, instead of all this ghost, vampire, werewolf stuff.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bag of Bones.