Bárbara's Reviews > Your Rhythm

Your Rhythm by Katia Rose

*ARC provided by the author*

This was D E L I G H T F U L ohmygod!!

I'm finding out about me that I'm actually starting to get a taste for romance involving musicians. They are so fascinating! And in that sense, this story was deeply satisfying. Its characters had such distinct voices and personalities, it was amazing to get to know and care for them.

The story reminded me a lot of "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days", which is one of my favorite romcoms- but at the same time it had its own original elements (mostly because, while there were several parallels between Andie and Kay, and the general idea of the story kicks off from a similar concept, that's pretty much where the resemblance stops. So it's similar, but really different. Hope that makes sense to you cause it's starting to barely make sense to me as I see it in writing).

Kay and Matt are amazing protagonists, and I could easily find them relatable in many aspects, although I admit, I found myself feeling closer to Matt than Kay. Another thing I really enjoyed was, besides the characters and the main relationship, the dynamics of the band; they had an intense and appealing dynamics both as friends and bandmates. It all made for the most engaging reading I could hope for! And, as far as relationships go, I found the added element of Matt's little brother really endearing- and what it added to Matt's character only made me swoon harder (?) for him. Cause, oh yeah, Matt is just *that* type of character a girl with specific tastes like myself just can't help but fall for. He was an incredible sweetheart, a Soft Boy (or guy, rather, cause he's 24) and that falls just right up my alley. And the chemistry between the MCs... There's a lot to be said about that, too. But I think it's better experienced first hand, so I'd strongly advice to read this.

All in all, this was a win all over for me! I'm so glad I got the chance to read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Your Rhythm.

May 20, 2018 – Started Reading
May 20, 2018 – Shelved
May 20, 2018 –
8.0% "Starting this a) because the ARC review is due in four days and b) because my reading of Noteworthy is not going well at all and I need something to maybe remind me that reading is supposed to be a pleasurable activity."
May 20, 2018 –
43.0% "Oops, it seems I'll be finishing this today..."
May 20, 2018 – Finished Reading