Mo's Reviews > One Summer

One Summer by Karen Robards
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
11856352
's review

liked it

2.5, maybe.

I was a little disappointed with this one actually. Think my expectations were too high! Could not really connect with either character. She came across as the more naive of the two.


He leaned toward her. His face was close to hers, too close.
He was making her uncomfortable again, as he no doubt intended.
That notion stiffened her spine.
"What?" she all but snapped.
"I had a major case of the hots for you when I was in high school. I still do.”



I haven't much more to say about it really. LOL. Not sure if it was because it was a paperback and not on my iPad or Kindle that I struggled a bit with it.

"The countless generations like autumn leaves go by: Love only is eternal, love only does not die."


22 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Summer.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

February 1, 2014 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
February 1, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
May 20, 2018 – Started Reading
May 20, 2018 – Shelved
May 20, 2018 –
page 17
4.25% ""
May 20, 2018 –
page 52
13.0% "For the first time in eleven years, he wept.

"
May 22, 2018 –
page 195
48.75% ""
May 22, 2018 –
page 217
54.25% "Not really doing much for me ...

"
May 22, 2018 –
page 320
80.0% ""
May 22, 2018 –
page 370
92.5% ""
May 22, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ira (new) - added it

Ira Oh no, that bad? I thought it was interesting, older heroine with younger hero:( Nice review tho Maura, and yes I have few problems with old paperback too, the fonts is so tiny! 🤨


message 2: by Mo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mo Ira wrote: "Oh no, that bad? I thought it was interesting, older heroine with younger hero:( Nice review tho Maura, and yes I have few problems with old paperback too, the fonts is so tiny! 🤨"

It just felt a bit dated. I know I love the older books now and again but saw so many 5 star reviews that I was expecting more ... probably should have upped it to 3. I might.


message 3: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Sorry this one didn't excite you Mo. I thought the description sounded good. Nice review. xx


message 4: by Mo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mo Karen wrote: "Sorry this one didn't excite you Mo. I thought the description sounded good. Nice review. xx"

Thank you Karen. x


Gisela I read it twice and was a 5 stars both times. Sorry it didn’t work for you, Mo. 😕


message 6: by Mo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mo Gisela wrote: "I read it twice and was a 5 stars both times. Sorry it didn’t work for you, Mo. 😕"

Thanks and glad you loved it Gisela. x


♥Sharon♥ It stinks when you don't connect with the characters. That just happened to me too. Nice review Mo. xx


message 8: by Mo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mo ♥Sharon♥ wrote: "It stinks when you don't connect with the characters. That just happened to me too. Nice review Mo. xx"

Thanks Sharon.


back to top