Debra's Reviews > Plug Your Book: Online Book Marketing for Authors, Book Publicity Through Social Networking

Plug Your Book by Steve Weber

Jun 07, 2008

bookshelves: nonfiction
Recommended to Debra by: Cheryl
Recommended for: any author who wants to step-up their promotion strategy
Read in June, 2008

Someone once warned me that writing and publishing a book isn’t as hard as promoting it. When I first started promoting my own novel, I quickly understood what he meant. How do I go about it? How much should I spend? Where should I focus my energy? Will I even get my novel into the bricks-and-mortar stores when thousands of other new books are also being released? If I can’t, what do I do?

I found the answer in an extremely useful guide called PLUG YOUR BOOK by Steve Weber. Weber tells us how to navigate the enormous online opportunities available to all authors whether self-published or traditionally published. Weber discusses the benefits of building your own website, selling on Amazon, blogging and blog tours, plus social networking at places such as MySpace, and a host of other things to assist authors. What I especially like about this book is the amount of how-to detail offered, including e-mail addresses for various resources. As a bonus, Weber offers updated information on his website.

If you’re stressing about promotion and don’t know how to go about it, then this book is a must-read.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plug Your Book.

message 1: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Brown And what have been the results?

Debra The results are that I've created a much stronger online presence, which has resulted in more sales, particularly for e-books, but not so much for print.